Petar’s New Ensemble!
- 01/12/15 Petar Jankovic Ensemble in Lander, WY at LCCA
- 02/27/15 Petar Jankovic – solo in Avon, IN at Hendricks Symphonic Society
- 03/01/15 Petar Jankovic – solo in Avon, IN at Hendricks Symphonic Society
- 04/09/15 Petar Jankovic Ensemble in Hattiesburg, MS at University of Southern Mississippi
- 04/15/15 Petar Jankovic Ensemble in Fayette, MO at CMU-Fayette – Swinney Conservatory of Music
IU JACOBS School of Music
Category Archives: Recordings
2012 CD release From Spain to Tango is finally out! The CD explores the music of three countries: Spain, Brazil and Argentina. The CD starts with two dances from De Falla’s ballet El Amor Brujo and opera La Vida Breve, works well-known among both guitar and the violin playing communities as an attractive concert showpieces. They are followed by beautiful lullaby-like Andante, originally composed as a second movement of Sonatina in A-major for guitar solo, and famous Asturias, originally written for piano solo. Anacleto de Medeiros, a Brazilian schottische composed as part of Suite Retratos for two guitars, leads to Paulo Bellinati’s Jongo, a dance and musical genre of black communities from southeast Brazil. The CD closes with three tangos by Astor Piazzolla, an Argentine tango composer and bandoneón player who has revolutionized the traditional tango into a new style named “nuevo tango” by incorporating elements from jazz, classical music and traditional tango music.
MANUEL DE FALLA (1876-1946) From El Amor Brujo 1 Danza Ritual del Fuego From La Vida Breve 2 Danza Espanola FEDERICO MORENO TORROBA (1891-1982) From Sonatina in A major 3 Andante ISAAC ALBENIZ (1860-1909) 4 Asturias RADAMES GNATTALI (1906-1988) 5 Anacleto de Medeiros PAULO BELLINATI ( b. 1950) 6 Jongo ASTOR PIAZZOLLA (1921-1992) 7 Primavera Portena 8 Oblivion 9 Tango No 3
OUT OF PRINT